In this blog post I am going to be sharing some tips on how to cope with jealousy and competing for the best role in a audition. Dealing with people who are rude or jealous of you because you are trying hard in class or you are the best in the class. How not to boost about getting a really good part in a ballet. And how not to soak in your sorrow when you don’t get the best part, or the part you wanted.
These things are hard to deal with because, if you get the best part in the ballet. You most likely want to jump up and down and shout for joy. But that would make people who didn’t get a good part feel bad and think you are trying to rub it in their face. And if you are on the other side of the situation, you want to sulk and not congratulate the person who has the part you wanted. And probably you want to make excuses about why she or he got the part and you didn’t. Another scenario might be that you are doing really well in class and trying the best you can, and others will try to take you down because of that. Because they are jealous, and might say you are the teachers pet and you show off all the time. And on the other side of the situation you probably feel like they are a teachers pet, and they show off to much, because you are making excuses instead of focusing on what you need to do.
I have some solutions for these problems, because I have been through all of them, and I know how it feels for each person in each of the scenarios.
When you get a really good part in a ballet.
- Keep your feelings in till you go home or you are in your car because if you jump for joy you might hurt someone else’s feelings without doing it intentionally.
- Not jumping up for joy right at that moment makes you a better sport because people are going to be jealous of you, but you don’t want people saying that you are a show off or that you are bragging.
- But you can scream and shout when you get home.
If you didn’t get the part you wanted.
- As I said before keep your feelings in in till you get home because you don’t want people thinking that you are a drama queen.
- And when you get home you can cry but after that you have to think to yourself, that you are going to do the best you can with your part.
- And you can make the directors feel that they should have picked you. But don’t be snooty about it.
- And don’t talk about the person who got a good part. Focus on yourself and what you need to do.
- You should also go to the person who got a good part and congratulate them even though you probably don’t want to.
Doing really well in class and trying the best you can.
- Because of this people are going to be jealous of you. But there is always going to be someone who is jealous of you so you just have to ignore them.
- I know it makes you feel bad and that you want to not try as hard, but you should still try hard and show them that their comments doesn’t bother you.
If you think someone is a teachers pet and showing off in class.
- You shouldn’t be focusing on other people, focus on yourself and you working hard. Because in order to be better you can’t focus on others. You have to focus on your self and what you need to do.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, this was a pretty long one. But comment down below if you have any questions about this blog post or if you are dealing with some of these right now.
I hope you have a wonderful day!